Set to commence later this week, the 2023 Tokyo auto show promises a number of significant announcements from Toyota. The marque will be showcasing a concept that could potentially lead to an electric iteration of the Land Cruiser. In addition, an electric pickup truck concept appearing production-ready will also be presented.
Glickenhaus, the American racing team that was the inaugural signatory for the World Endurance Championship’s Hypercar category, has officially announced its exit from the series following the current season, after competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans for several years.
Over the past weekend, Nissan collaborated with Forsberg Racing to participate in the NORRA 500 race in Mexico with a near-stock Frontier pickup truck. The vehicle received minimal modifications, including performance suspension components from Nismo, a slight lift kit, and 17-inch beadlock wheels fitted with all-terrain tires.
For a comprehensive review of today’s automotive news, please refer to AutoMotorMart.
- Toyota Land Cruiser Concept Signals Possible Electric SUV Variant
- Glickenhaus Concludes WEC Tenure to Concentrate on Production Cars
- Nissan Frontier Custom Off-Road Model Competes in Baja’s NORRA 500
- 2024 Kia EV6 Unveils Light Long Range Edition Priced at $47,275
- Toyota’s Electric Pickup Concept Appears Production-Ready
- Compact Electric Pickup from Toyota Unveiled: U.S. Availability in Question?
- 2023 F1 United States Grand Prix Marked by Verstappen’s 50th Victory
- In-Depth Review: 2024 BMW X3
- Virtual Tour of Rimac’s Manufacturing Facility Available for Viewing
- Foxconn Announces Electric Cargo Van and Provides Updates on Foxtron Electric Vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Automotive News Highlights
What is the main focus of this automotive news summary?
The main focus of this automotive news summary is to provide a comprehensive overview of key developments in the automotive industry, including announcements from the 2023 Tokyo auto show, such as Toyota’s electric Land Cruiser concept, and Glickenhaus’ exit from the World Endurance Championship.
What significant announcements are coming from Toyota at the 2023 Tokyo auto show?
Toyota is expected to make several notable announcements at the 2023 Tokyo auto show. Among them is a concept that hints at a potential electric version of the iconic Land Cruiser SUV. Another highlight is an electric pickup truck concept that appears to be ready for production.
Why is Glickenhaus exiting the World Endurance Championship?
Glickenhaus has officially announced its departure from the World Endurance Championship following the current season. The American racing team, which was the inaugural participant in the WEC’s Hypercar category, has decided to focus its efforts on production cars moving forward.
What modifications were made to the Nissan Frontier that participated in the NORRA 500?
The Nissan Frontier used in the NORRA 500 race in Mexico was largely stock but featured some modifications. These included performance suspension components from Nismo, a slight lift kit, and 17-inch beadlock wheels fitted with all-terrain tires.
Is there information on other electric vehicles aside from Toyota’s offerings?
Yes, the news summary also mentions the 2024 Kia EV6, which debuts a new Light Long Range edition priced at $47,275. Foxconn is also mentioned for revealing an electric cargo van and providing updates on its Foxtron electric vehicles.
Are there any updates on Formula 1 in the news summary?
Yes, the summary includes information on the 2023 F1 United States Grand Prix, where Max Verstappen secured his 50th win.
More about Automotive News Highlights
- [2023 Tokyo Auto Show]
- [Glickenhaus’ Official Announcement on Exiting WEC]
- [Nissan and Forsberg Racing in NORRA 500]
- [2024 Kia EV6 Light Long Range Edition]
- [Max Verstappen’s 50th F1 Victory]
- [Foxconn Electric Cargo Van and Foxtron Updates]
- [In-Depth Review of 2024 BMW X3]
- [Virtual Tour of Rimac’s Manufacturing Facility]
- [Comprehensive Automotive News at AutoMotorMart]