HWA, a German automotive company, has unveiled initial images of its Evo restomod. This vehicle is a contemporary version of the iconic Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II, a homologation model first introduced in 1990 with a limited production of 502 units. HWA plans to produce only 100 units of the 190 E Evo, each with a price tag of approximately $789,000, and anticipates starting deliveries by the end of 2025.
In other news, the Dodge Challenger and Charger are reaching the end of their era in their present combustion engine variants. The last models of both vehicles have been manufactured. Their successors are expected as early as the following year, likely featuring electric powertrains.
Ford F-150 Overview
In addition, Nio, the electric vehicle manufacturer, has showcased its new flagship EV, the ET9, which merges design elements of both sedans and SUVs. The ET9 is notable for its 900-volt electrical system, enabling it to charge at rates up to 600 kw. Nio claims that at this charging speed, the ET9 can gain over 100 miles of range in under five minutes.
These topics and more are featured in today’s automotive news, available at AutoMotorMart.
- HWA Debuts Contemporary Version of Mercedes 190 E Evo II
- Production Ends for Gas-Powered Dodge Challenger and Charger
- Nio Unveils ET9 with Advanced 900-Volt System and Rapid Charging Capability
- Test Drive Report: 2023 GMC Canyon AT4 Offers a Compact Sierra Experience
- Volvo Set to Launch ES90 Electric Sedan in 2024
- Changes in EV Tax Credits Transitioning to Rebates from January 1, Challenges for Dealers
- Review: The 2024 Mercedes-Benz AMG EQE SUV Redefines AMG Brand Identity
- Honda Broadens Fuel Pump Recall to Include 2.5 Million Vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Automotive News
What is the HWA Evo and what makes it special?
The HWA Evo is a restomod, a modern reinterpretation of the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II, initially launched in 1990. It’s a limited edition vehicle with only 100 units being produced, each priced at around $789,000. Deliveries are expected to begin by late 2025.
What is the latest news about the Dodge Challenger and Charger?
The current gas-powered versions of the Dodge Challenger and Charger have reached the end of production. Their successors, expected as early as next year, are likely to be electric-powered, marking a significant shift in the models’ direction.
What are the key features of Nio’s flagship EV, the ET9?
Nio’s ET9 is a flagship electric vehicle that combines design elements of both sedans and SUVs. It features a 900-volt electrical architecture, allowing for charging rates of up to 600 kW. This means it can add over 100 miles of range in less than five minutes of charging.
What other automotive updates are covered in today’s news?
Today’s automotive news also includes a test drive report on the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4, information about Volvo’s upcoming ES90 electric sedan, updates on the EV tax credit system, a review of the 2024 Mercedes-Benz AMG EQE SUV, and an expansion of Honda’s fuel pump recall to include 2.5 million vehicles.
More about Automotive News
- HWA Evo Restomod Details
- Dodge Challenger and Charger Production End
- Nio ET9 Electric Vehicle Features
- GMC Canyon AT4 2023 Test Drive
- Volvo ES90 Electric Sedan Launch
- EV Tax Credit Transition to Rebates
- Mercedes-Benz AMG EQE SUV Review
- Honda Fuel Pump Recall Expansion