After the completion of the first 11 rounds of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship, Max Verstappen from Red Bull Racing has established a commanding lead in the title race with an impressive record of eight wins. His latest victory came at the British Grand Prix, solidifying his position at the top.
Verstappen’s teammate, Sergio Perez, has had a more inconsistent season but managed to hold on to second place in the rankings. Despite showing promise early on with two race wins, Perez has faced setbacks in the last five rounds due to mishaps during qualifying, forcing him to start from the back of the grid.
In contrast, Fernando Alonso from Aston Martin has consistently delivered strong results throughout the season. He has secured five podium finishes, taking third place in races held in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, and Miami, and securing second place in the Monaco Grand Prix. Alonso currently sits in third place in the rankings, trailing Perez by 19 points.
Ferrari, after a promising start to the season, experienced a decline in performance in subsequent rounds. Reliability issues and crashes affected their drivers, Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz. However, recent upgrades introduced at the Austrian Grand Prix appear to have made a positive impact, as both drivers showcased strong performances. Leclerc, who finished second, achieved his first podium finish of the season.
A similar resurgence was observed at McLaren during the British Grand Prix. After struggling to make progress for most of the season, recent upgrades propelled both Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri to the front of the pack, with Norris leading the race for several laps.
Among the rookie drivers of the season, Piastri has been the most successful. He remains the only one among the three rookies to score points, achieving his first points at the Australian Grand Prix and adding to his tally at the Monaco and UK rounds. The other rookies, Logan Sargeant from Williams and Nyck De Vries from AlphaTauri, are yet to score any points.
Here are the current standings for the 2023 F1 Drivers’ Championship:
- Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing – 255 points
- Sergio Perez, Red Bull Racing – 156 points
- Fernando Alonso, Aston Martin – 137 points
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-Benz AMG – 121 points
- Carlos Sainz, Ferrari – 83 points
- George Russell, Mercedes-Benz AMG – 82 points
- Charles Leclerc, Ferrari – 74 points
- Lance Stroll, Aston Martin – 44 points
- Lando Norris, McLaren – 42 points
- Esteban Ocon, Alpine – 31 points
- Oscar Piastri, McLaren – 17 points
- Pierre Gasly, Alpine – 16 points
- Alexander Albon, Williams – 11 points
- Nico Hulkenberg, Haas – 9 points
- Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo – 5 points
- Zhou Guanyu, Alfa Romeo – 4 points
- Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri – 2 points
- Kevin Magnussen, Haas – 2 points
- Logan Sargeant, Williams – 0 points
- Nyck De Vries, AlphaTauri – 0 points
Here are the current standings for the 2023 F1 Constructors’ Championship:
- Red Bull Racing – 411 points
- Mercedes-Benz AMG – 203 points
- Aston Martin – 181 points
- Ferrari – 157 points
- McLaren – 59 points
- Alpine – 47 points
- Williams – 11 points
- Haas – 11 points
- Alfa Romeo – 9 points
- AlphaTauri – 2 points
The following races are yet to be held in the 2023 F1 season:
- Hungarian Grand Prix
- Belgian Grand Prix
- Dutch Grand Prix
- Italian Grand Prix
- Singapore Grand Prix
- Japanese Grand Prix
- Qatar Grand Prix
- United States Grand Prix
- Mexican Grand Prix
- Brazilian Grand Prix
- Las Vegas Grand Prix
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Formula 1 Championship
What is the current status of the 2023 Formula 1 Championship?
After 11 rounds, Max Verstappen from Red Bull Racing is leading the championship with eight wins, followed by Sergio Perez, also from Red Bull Racing. Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso is in third place.
How has McLaren performed in the 2023 season?
McLaren initially struggled but recently showed a resurgence with both Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri performing well in the British Grand Prix.
Which rookie drivers have scored points in the 2023 season?
Oscar Piastri is the only rookie driver to have scored points so far, with his first points coming from the Australian Grand Prix. Logan Sargeant and Nyck De Vries are yet to score any points.
Which teams are leading the Constructors’ Championship?
Red Bull Racing is currently leading the Constructors’ Championship, followed by Mercedes-Benz AMG in second place and Aston Martin in third.
Which races are yet to be held in the 2023 Formula 1 season?
The remaining races in the 2023 season include the Hungarian Grand Prix, Belgian Grand Prix, Dutch Grand Prix, Italian Grand Prix, Singapore Grand Prix, Japanese Grand Prix, Qatar Grand Prix, United States Grand Prix, Mexican Grand Prix, Brazilian Grand Prix, Las Vegas Grand Prix, and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
More about Formula 1 Championship
- Formula 1 Official Website
- Red Bull Racing Team Official Website
- Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team Official Website
- McLaren Formula 1 Team Official Website
- Ferrari Official Website
- [2023 Formula 1 Standings](provide the source for the standings)
- [2023 Formula 1 Race Schedule](provide the source for the race schedule)